We customize to meet your unique needs!
At More Than A Cop, we do not offer a one-size-fits-all approach. Our courses are designed with the specific and unique learning objectives of your organization in mind. No two presentations are exactly alike and we work hard keeping up with current theory and evidence-based best practices.
In designing your customized professional development class we will take the time to get to know you. We want to know about your agency and community since they all different. We will ask what hinders your agency from being the best it can be, and what your law enforcement officers and command staff need to bring their best self to the job everyday.
With over two decades of varied experience we can build a professional development class from several areas of interest and expertise. You decide on the length of the training, the number of participants, what you want covered, and learning objectives. Below are suggested areas of special interest:
- Enhancing Morale
- Compassion Fatigue/Vicarious Trauma
- PTSD response and prevention
- Team building
- Work/life balance
- The development of line leadership skills
- Building a Stigma-Free culture to reduce police suicides and support mental health
- Peer Support
- Generational challenges and retention of officers
- Responding to persons with mental illness
- Recognizing when one of your own has depression, addictions, anxiety, or PTSD, and how to respond
- Emotional wellness skills for “Survival Beyond the Streets”
- Personal relationship skills
- Building resilience through psychological flexibility
What makes us different is we are both psychotherapists with successful clinical practices. We are in the trenches with our clients navigating the obstacles that block the lives they desire. We have more than just “book knowledge”; we know what works because we see people and organizations become successful with the tools we offer.
We are also constant researchers and learners dedicated to staying current in evidence based practices, practiced in sharing that knowledge in common, easy-to-grasp language. We take the complex and make it simple and doable, with the goal that everyone leave with tools they can begin implementing that day.
Please call for pricing at 630/244-1752 or email us.